Paramount Plus cancels streaming series 60 Minutes Plus after one season

0

ViacomCBS canceled 60 minutes plus at its tentpole streaming service Paramount Plus, delisting a title that was touted as one of the service’s exclusive premium titles.

The company confirmed this The edge that it is no longer in production 60 minutes plus, an offshoot of his award-winning news magazine 60 minutes. The series had streamed just one 30-episode season at the time of the cancellation announcement, which was shared with staff Thursday morning. diversity previously reported, citing sources familiar with the situation. In a statement, the company said content produced by the series will remain on Paramount Plus.

“We are proud of the team at 60 Minutes+ and the stories they have produced that have educated audiences on some of the most important issues of our time,” the company said in a statement shared with The edge. “Her journalism has been recognized with multiple awards including a Gracie, National Headliner and NABJ Salute to Excellence award. The excellent work done by the 60+ team will continue to be featured on Paramount+.”

diversity reported that news — a key component of Paramount Plus’ content pitch — will remain core to the service’s programming lineup. The company reportedly plans to help 60 minutes plus Employees find other roles within the organization.

The series launched in March last year with the rebranding of Paramount Plus from its streaming predecessor, CBS All Access. The series covered such wide-ranging themes as the Capitol Uprising and the Metaverse, and episodes ran from 15 minutes to over 20 minutes. The series was hosted by correspondents Seth Doane, Wesley Lowery, Enrique Acevedo and Laurie Segall.

For now, 60 minutes is available pretty much everywhere – including via podcasts, YouTube, Facebook and his website – and his webcast 60MinutesOvertime.com gives viewers access to behind-the-scenes videos and archive programs. The company didn’t comment on its decision to kill the program’s standalone streaming sibling. 60 minutes plus.

source link

Denial of responsibility! NewsConcerns is an automatic aggregator of all media in the world. The hyperlink to the primary source is given in each piece of content. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials belong to their authors. If you are the content owner and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.
Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.